Camp Gilboa's new home on Bluff Lake in Big Bear, California, is set on 40 acres of beautiful forest and meadows. The buildings are new or recently upgraded, and the campsite features kayaking on the adjoining lake, hiking and all the facilities needed to run a full Habonim Dror program.
The Wildlands Conservancy, the previous owners of our new camp, have given us an amazing opportunity to purchase camp within five years with an interest-free loan. To make this dream a reality, we need your help! We purchased the property for 2.5 million and have raised over 1.1 million in the first year of our campain. Help us raise the next million!
The benefits of owning our own site are huge:
- Room to grow - room for 180 campers, potential for extended summer and more flexibility to keep camp affordable for all of our families
- A full Habonim Dror program with a kosher kitchen
- A home for our campers to return to year after year
Here's what you can do right now!
- Make your pledge or donation. Please give as generously as possible.
- Think about who you know that can help. Colleagues, friends, parents, grandparents with the capacity to donate, who may be interested in contibuting if asked.
- Help us recruit more campers! Our new campsite has plenty of room, and there's still time to register.
- Donate your skills (legal, accounting, grant writing, food services, building or technical expertise or other professional skills). We need your help.
- Volunteer. We are Builders and Dreamers, and as a community, everyone at every age can help us raise awareness about this wonderful opportunity. We can do this together!